What is Azicip 500?
Azicip 500 is an Azithromycin tablet that belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. It is prescribed to treat a variety of bacterial infections in both adults and children. Azithromycin is known for its effectiveness, convenience, and broad-spectrum effectiveness against various bacterial infections. Azicip 500 is manufactured by Cipla in India. Purchase Azicip 500 online at TrueChemists.
Mechanism of Action
Azithromycin works by inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis, specifically targeting the bacterial ribosome. By targetting, it prevents the bacteria from producing essential proteins required for maintaining the cell wall. Once the cell wall is broken, the immune system kills the infections. This leads to stopping bacterial replication and eventually results in the death of the bacteria.
Uses of Azithromycin
- Azicip 500 mg is prescribed to treat respiratory tract infections, including bronchitis, pneumonia, and sinusitis.
- Ear Infections: For children with ear infections, azithromycin 500 can be used to treat the infection of the ears.
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: Azicip is used to treat skin and toenails infection caused by bacteria.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: Azithromycin is sometimes part of the treatment regimen for certain STIs such as chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Mycobacterial Infections: In some cases, Azicip 500 is prescribed and used as part of a combination therapy to treat mycobacterial infections, such as Mycobacterium infection.
- 250 mg (Azicip/Azee)
- 500 mg (Azicip/Azee)
- 1000 mg/1 gram (Azee)
Dosage and Administration
Azicip 500 tablets is an oral tablet. The dosage of the treatment depends on the severity of the infections. It is important to follow the prescribed dosage and complete the full course of treatment, even if symptoms improve, to ensure the complete eradication of the infection and prevent antibiotic resistance. Buy Azee 500 mg online at TrueChemists.
The dosage prescribed according to the infection
- For Respiratory Tract Infections: The dose is 500 mg once daily for 3 days or 500 mg on the first day followed by 250 mg daily for 4 more days.
- For Skin and Soft Tissue Infections: The standard dose is 500 mg once daily for 3 days.
Missing your Azicip 500 mg dose regularly can develop drug resistance which will lead to taking higher than the required dosage. It is good to follow your medicinal regime properly to avoid the development of drug resistance. It is important to understand that you have to take your dosage as prescribed by your doctor. If you have missed your dose, take it as soon as possible.
If it’s time to take the second dose, then you should contact your doctor and ask for suggestions on how to follow your prescription.
- Upset stomach
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Reaction
- Skin rash and Allergy
- Changes in liver functioning
Precautions and Contraindications
Before taking azithromycin, it is important to share about allergies, medical conditions, and medicines you are taking with your doctor. Patients with a history of liver or kidney disease, and heart conditions should use azithromycin with caution.
Azithromycin may interact with other medications, potentially affecting their efficacy or increasing the risk of side effects. It is crucial to inform the healthcare provider of all medications, supplements, and herbal products being taken to avoid potential drug interactions.
Where to buy Azicip 500?
Buy Azicip 500 online at TrueChemists. It is available in 250 mg, 500 mg, and another brand available in 1 gram (1000 mg) option too.
How to store?
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from direct heat and light.
- Discard any tablet if kept outside or expired.