Tafnat – Generic Vemlidy
30 tablet/s per bottle
What is Tafnat?
Tafnat is an oral medication that contains the active ingredient Tenofovir Alafenamide a retroviral medication used to treat chronic hepatitis b virus infection. In the USA it is sold under the brand name Vemlidy an oral medication that is also effective for hepatitis b in adults and children of age 12 and more The action of Tafnat is similar to tenofovir which acts as an NRTI which is a Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that works by blocking the replication of the virus, thus reducing the viral load in the body. Tafnat is manufactured by Natco in India. Buy generic Vemlidy online at TrueChemists.
Uses of Vemlidy?
Tafnat is a generic brand for the US brand Vemlidy which contains the same active ingredient Tenofovir Alafanamide. It is a prescribed treatment for treating chronic hepatitis b in both young children of age more than 12 and adults. It is meant for a long-term treatment against hepatitis b which is incurable. With the help of this oral treatment, the virus load and its replication can be stopped which can improve overall patients’ quality of life.
What are the benefits of Tenofovir Alafanamide?
- It helps in the reduction of viral load by stopping the replication of the hepatitis b virus the active medication Vemlidy can steer down the viral load which is essential for managing the chronic hepatitis b infection.
- Improves liver function by reducing the viral load in the liver, reduction of Hepatitis B injection improves the overall liver function and its health.
- Reduces the risk of liver-related complications by reducing the viral infection and prevents liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma.
Mechanism of Action
Tafnat is a generic Vemlidy that stops the viral action in the body by preventing the replication of by preventing the conversion of virus RNA to DNA thus it reduces the amount of hepatitis b virus in the body and slows down the progression of further liver damage.
Can it cause the development of antiviral resistance?
When taking medications like Tenofovir, there’s always a risk of developing drug resistance over time. It requires regular monitoring of HBV viral load and liver function. This can make sure if a patient starts developing resistance, the doctor can change the medication accordingly.
As with any medication, Vemlidy may cause side effects in some individuals. Some of the common side effects associated with Vemlidy
- Abdominal pain
- Increased transaminase level in blood
Rare side effects
- Lactic acidosis
- Worsening of liver disease or liver failure, particularly in patients with advanced liver disease or cirrhosis
- Kidney problems,
- Decrease in kidney function
- Kidney failure
- Decreased bone density
How to use it?
Each pack of generic Vemlidy has the active ingredient tenofovir alafenamide 25 mg. One bottle has 30 tablets which meant one tablet daily. When treating a condition like Hepatitis B you have to make sure, you are taking your medications in time. Missing your dose can affect your treatment and cause liver damage. Make sure you never miss your dosage and take it at the same time daily. You have to take Tafnat with water only and avoid taking alcohol while on this medication. Also, taking alcohol when a patient has hepatitis can lead to further damage to the liver and even liver failure.
If you have missed your dose, make sure to take it once you remember about it. Avoid missing your dosage for a longer period of time which can cause reduces effectiveness.
Do not overdose if it’s time to take your next dosage.
Do not take Tafnat if,
- Allergy to tenofovir alafenamide or any ingredients in the medication
- Kidney problems
- Liver problems
- History of bone problems, such as osteoporosis or fractures
Vemlidy may interact with other medications, which can affect its effectiveness or increase the risk of side effects. Some potential drug interactions include:
- Antiviral medications for HIV: Some antiviral medications, such as efavirenz, lopinavir/ritonavir, or atazanavir, can affect the blood levels of Vemlidy and may require dose adjustments.
- Medications affecting kidney function: Drugs such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aminoglycosides, or amphotericin B can impact kidney function and increase the risk of kidney-related side effects.
- Medications that alter the acidity of the stomach: Drugs like proton pump inhibitors, H2-receptor antagonists, or antacids can affect the absorption of Vemlidy and may require dose adjustments or changes in the administration schedule.
Where to buy generic Vemlidy online?
Buy generic vemlidy at TrueChemists. Purchase Hepatitis B management medications online with worldwide delivery.
How to store?
Store it in a cool and dry place. Make sure you keep it away from direct heat and sunlight.