Lamivudine (150mg) + Zidovudine (300mg) + Nevirapine (200mg)
30 tablet/s per bottle
What is Duovir N?
Duovir N is an oral medicine that is prescribed for the treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection. Duovir N belongs to a group of medications called antiretroviral drug a type of medicine used to treat viral infections like HIV. It contains two active ingredients lamivudine and zidovudine. Duovir N belongs to a class of medications known as nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs), which work by inhibiting the replication of the HIV virus within the body. Its main purpose is to slow down the progression of HIV infection and reduce the viral load in the body. Preventing the replication of the virus helps in maintaining the immune system’s function and can stop the disease Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS), and reduces the risk of getting HIV-related complications. Buy Duovir N Online at TrueChemists.
How does it work?
Duovir N is an antiretroviral medication that is prescribed to stop the spread of patients who are infected with HIV. If the retroviral medication regime is not followed it may cause AIDS also known as Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome. When a patient is prescribed medication for HIV it is combined with many other retroviral medications. This medicine contains a combination of three drugs namely, Lamivudine (150mg) + Zidovudine (300mg) + Nevirapine (200mg). The use of multiple medications with different mechanisms of action helps in treatment and reduces the chances of developing drug resistance against the viral infection. It is important to note that Duovir N is not a cure for HIV/AIDS but a medication that helps in managing the infection.
Mechanism of action?
There are three active ingredients in this medication:
- Lamivudine is a nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor. It is a type of inhibitor that works by inhibiting the reverse transcriptase enzyme, this enzyme is essential for the replication of the HIV virus. The medication gets incorporated into the viral DNA chain during reverse transcription and acts as a faulty building block, preventing the completion of the viral DNA strand. This interrupts viral replication and helps in reducing the viral load in the body.
- Zidovudine is another type of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that also targets the reverse transcriptase enzyme. It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of viral DNA, thereby disrupting the replication process. This active ingredient gets incorporated into the viral DNA chain, causing premature termination and preventing the production of complete viral DNA strands. This leads to a decrease in viral replication and viral load.
- The third active ingredient Nevirapine belongs to a class of medications known as non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors. This works by binding to the reverse transcriptase enzyme at a different site than the nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor. By binding to the enzyme, Nevirapine prevents its proper functioning and inhibits the replication of the HIV virus. This additional mechanism of action helps in reducing the viral load in the body.
How to take it?
Duovir N is an oral medicine it can be taken with or without food. The dosage may vary depending on various factors such as the individual patient’s weight, and overall health condition.
Take one tablet or the dosage as specified by your doctor with one glass of water. Make sure you take your dosage at the same time as specified by your doctor to ensure good treatment. If you keep on missing your dosage it can develop resistance. Buy Duovir N tablets at TrueChemists.
Possible side effects?
Some of the side effects which are commonly faced by many patients are
- Changes in blood cell count
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
Missed your dose? Make sure you take your dose in time and avoid missing your dose. This can reduce the effectiveness of your medicine and may increase the risk of developing resistance to the drug.
This medication is not a cure for HIV instead it helps in the management of this infection and prevents the development of AIDS. Therefore overdose is not a good idea rather it can cause side effects that may cause you to visit the emergency room.
Where to buy Duovir N Online?
Buy Duovir N online at TrueChemists. Ensuring high-quality medicines for the cheapest price. Available to patients in
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
How to store?
Store it in a cool and dry place away from direct heat and light to keep efficacy intact. Discard any expired tablet/s left with you.