What is Xarelto?
Xarelto is an anticoagulant medication manufactured by Bayer Pharmaceuticals to treat and prevent blood clots and their formation in the blood. It contains the active ingredient rivaroxaban a medication that is prescribed for treating other health issues which include deep vein thrombosis also known as DVT and stroke. Xarelto effectively treats these conditions and prevents risk to the lives of such patients caused by blood clots. Our team has managed to bring a suitable alternative for Xarelto
What are the benefits of Xarelto?
There are multiple products available in tablet form for treating and preventing blood clots but require regular blood testing to trace any form of blood clots being formed. Blood clots can be serious and cause even stroke which can be fatal. It is an effective option to stop the formation of blood clots. Also, many anticoagulants require changes in food dietary intake but in the case of Xarelto, you can eat whatever you want to eat, and also requires less monitoring with fewer dosages.
In the US, the average pricing for Xarelto in all strengths are
- 2.5 mg: $8-10 per tablet
- 10 mg: $12-15 per tablet
- 15 mg: $15-18 per tablet
- 20 mg: $18-21 per tablet
While at TrueChemist Xarelto costs
- 2.5 mg: $1.00 per tablet
- 10 mg: $1.50 per tablet
- 15 mg: $1.76 per tablet
- 20 mg: $2.00 per tablet
Let’s check how does Xarelto work?
When we have any wound, our body stops the blood loss with the help of blood clots, Blood clot is an essential and normal process of our body to prevent loss of blood which includes during injury. In some cases, when our body starts to clot excessively, it causes health issues that can be fatal. Blood clots can cause a stroke. In such conditions Xarelto is used, it targets a specific protein called Factor Xa. Factor Xa plays an important role in the formation of blood clots. By blocking the effects of Xa, Xarelto helps in preventing the formation of blood clots.
Xarelto is prescribed under the following condition.
- Deep vein thrombosis is a condition that occurs in the legs, it causes swelling, and redness and can cause serious effects if the clots get to travel into the lungs, it can cause serious conditions including embolism.
- Pulmonary embolism is a condition that causes blood clots to stop and block the flow of the blood in the lungs which causes shortness of breath, chest pain, and even sudden death. Xarelto stops and prevents the formation of blood clots.
- Prevention of stroke and atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes an irregular heartbeat that is caused by the blood clots being formed in the heart. Clots if travels to the brain can cause stroke. With the help of Xarelto, it reduces the risk of causing stroke and it treats patients with atrial fibrillation.
Who should not take Xarelto?
Patients who should not take this medicine
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding you must prevent or stop using the medication.
- If you have uncontrolled bleeding.
- Suffering from any of the conditions including kidney problems
Side effects if any?
- Excessive bleeding
- Abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Excessive bleeding
If you have missed your dosage, take it as soon as possible without any delay. Do not overdose/double dose if you missed your previous dose and its time to take your next dosage. Double dose/overdose can cause excessive bleeding.
Possible drug interaction
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs include ibuprofen.
- Blood thinner like warfarin and heparin can cause an increased risk of bleeding.
Where to buy Xarelto?
Buy Xarelto 20 and 15 mg for preventing blood clots online at TrueChemists.
How to store?
- Store Xarelto 20 mg in a cool and dry place. You must keep it under 25 Celsius.
- Do not keep it near heat and light from the sunlight.