What is Trajenta?
Trajenta 5mg is an oral diabetes management drug used to manage diabetes in patients with Type-2 diabetes. It contains the active ingredient linagliptin, a prescription medication designed to control high blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes. Medication is usually combined with a balanced diet and regular exercise and works as an integral part of the diabetes management program. Buy Discounted Trajenta Online at TrueChemists.
- Blood Sugar Regulation: Ensures better control over fasting and post-meal blood sugar levels.
- Low Hypoglycemia Risk: Linagliptin operates in a glucose-dependent manner, reducing the risk of extremely low blood sugar levels.
- Weight Loss Neutral: Unlike some diabetes medications, Trajenta 5mg does not typically cause weight gain and loss.
Mechanism of action
- Inhibition of Enzymes: Linagliptin prevents the enzyme called DPP-4 from breaking down incretin hormones, such as glucagon-like peptide-1 and GIP glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide. These hormones are naturally present in the body and are released after a meal.
- Stimulating Insulin Release: By increasing the levels of incretin hormones, linagliptin aids in the release of insulin, especially when the blood sugar is high.
- Reducing Glucagon Production: Incretins, by their nature, also decrease the amount of glucagon (a hormone that raises blood sugar levels) produced by the body.
How to Use Trajenta 5mg?
- Take one table of Trajents 5 mg with one glass of water. You have to take one tablet before sleeping or after your first meal of the day. Follow as your doctor has orescribed.
- It is important to understand that you have to take it regularly and at the same time every day.
Though many might not experience them, it’s vital to be aware of potential side effects:
- Upper respiratory tract infection.
- Nasal congestion, sore throat.
- Muscle and joint pain.
- Elevated levels of certain liver enzymes.
- Pancreatitis, although rare, is a serious side effect.
Who should not take Trajenta 5mg?
- Patients with a history of allergic reactions to linagliptin or any Trajenta components.
- Type 1 diabetes patients.
- Individuals with diabetes and kidney-related problems.
Dosage and Administration
- Trajenta 5mg is typically administered once daily.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Always follow a healthcare professional’s advice regarding dosage adjustments or specific instructions.
Did you miss a Dose?
If you overlook a dose, take it as soon as remember. However, if it’s close to the next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue the regular regimen. Doubling up is not recommended.
Overdosing this drug wouldn’t treat or improve the condition. It may cause serious side effects like low blood sugar and chances of fainting. It is therefore recommended to use this medication with care and follow your doctor’s prescription carefully.
Where to buy Trajenta 5mg online?
Buy Trajenta 5 at a discounted price at TrueChemists.
How to store?
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct heat and light.
- Ensure, you are not taking any expired medication, and discard any expired medication with you.